Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011

Well, I must say that 2011 was a BIG year for this little Cunningham family.  I would do a month-by-month recap of everything that happened to us this year... but a lot of the year is one big blur to me, plus I'm not even sure if I can totally remember what happened in one month.

So instead, I'll just leave you with a few highlights of things that happened to us this year... in probably an extremely random order.  That's ok though!




- On New Years Eve night (so I guess this is technically 2010... but close enough to 2011 for me) we announced to my extended family that we were having  a baby in July!

- Ammon went to Wisconsin FOR THE WHOLE MONTH of January.. Yes, it was as sucky as it sounds.

-  I started student teaching!  4th graders at Scera Park Elementary.  Loved it and them!

- I stayed away from any and all bread.  Too risky!

-  I finally took down the Christmas tree in February.  (I can sort of see this happening again this year too actually.)

- Ammon came home from Wisconsin in February and started working.

- Beginning of March we found out we were having a baby GIRL! Yay!

- In March, the class I was student teaching in threw me a baby shower! It was so cute!!

- Finished student teaching in March.

- In March Ammon went to San Francisco for a job thing.  I was home again... he gets to do all the fun stuff.  haha!

- April I graduated from UVU with my bachelors in Elementary Education!  Yay!

- The beginning of June Ammon went to China for a week.  (See, does all the fun stuff!)

-  End of June (or was it the beginning of July?) my mom took me and Danielle to St. George to see The Little Mermaid and Grease at Tuachan.  So good!  Especially Little Mermaid.  Although by the end of the trip my feet were VERY swollen.

-  July 18th Ammon and I saw Harry Potter 7.2 after my doctor told me that the babe would probably be coming VERY soon.

- July 19th we welcomed Emerson Ruth Cunningham into our little family at 3:46 pm!  She was DEFINITELY the highlight of the year!

- July-present Ammon and I have had to get used to no longer getting decent sleep at night (although she's definitely getting better)

-August 9th we celebrated my 22nd birthday!  We went out to Sushi.  Thanks Ammon! (He hates Sushi...)

- August 16th Emerson smiles for the first time!  And it makes every hour that we'd lost sleep worth it.

- Ammon gets a new job in September!  Wahoo!

-  Emerson laughed for the first time in September!! At 4 in the morning after a night of absolutely NO sleeping.

- I'm not sure if anything else happened in September...

-  We spent General Conference with both of our families.  Friday night/Saturday we were at Ammon's parents house and Saturday night/Sunday we were at my families house!  It was fun watching with both of them.

- October 9th we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary!  Part of me can't believe it's only been 2 years, and the other part of me can't believe it's already been 2 years!

-  November 18th Emerson rolled over for the first time.  From back to stomach... then about 10 minutes later went from stomach to back.  She's been rolling constantly ever since.

-  November 19th Ammon turned 24!  We saw My Fair Lady, and went out to Chinese food with Ammon's parents, brother, and some family friends! It was a lot of fun!! Thanks for the fun night out.

- We spent Thanksgiving down in Monroe!  We had a lot to be grateful  for!

-  Beginning of December we had the Peterson Christmas Party in Monroe

-  We spent Christmas down in Monroe with my parents!

-  We celebrated New Years Eve Day at Soldier Hollows tubing.  Emerson looked way too cute in her little snow suit!  Then we went to my Aunt Lana's that night to ring in the New Year!  (We were home and in bed by 10.)

-  Oh, and from the months of July-December Emerson was very very very cute!! Of course.

It was a very big and busy year for us!  We loved it though!! :)  We had lots of new changes, and it looks like this new year will bring even more for us!  I'm excited to see all of the changes life has to offer! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you get to go on one of the fun trips this year and won't get left at home again! Cute Christmas posts :) Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete