Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Class Baby Shower! :)

My cute little 4th grade class that I did my student teaching in surprised me with a baby shower on my last day!!

It was so so cute, and I was totally surprised! So many of them brought gifts, or donated money to help with a class gift. It was so sweet...

.. And I totally cried!

I got everything from adorable pink baby clothes, to a "Teach Me How to Jimmer" shirt, a National Guard coin, baby blankets, baby wipes, and hand-made origami for a baby mobile!

It was so so cute!

Since I totally wasn't expecting it, I didn't have my camera ready.. so I had someone take pictures on my phone!

So... please don't judge me for some of my random faces in these pics!!

They're candids... ;)

photo (2)
.... It's probably illegal to have pics of my students on here, so just pretend like you don't see their faces. I don't know how to blur them out.


photo (4)
A cute little pink outfit that one of my students got me! This baby is definitely spoiled... and will definitely be rocking the pink! ;)


And... the rest of my pics have LOTS of students in them, so I won't post them.

but it was so so so sweet that they threw me the shower, and they were SO excited to do it!!! When I started opening gifts they even broke out into a very enthusiastic rendition of "Happy Baby Day to You" (You know the song, right? I'm pretty sure it's a classic. ;) It's the one in the tune of "Happy Birthday"... hahaha!! They're so funny)

I've seriously been like 4 days without being in class and I miss them terribly... I want to go back and just keep teaching, or at least hanging out with them!

.....


In other baby news! I am 23 and a half weeks!! That leaves me with like 16 and a half weeks til the little lady gets here.

Holy dang!

Hopefully now that I'm done with student teaching and all of that fun junk I'll have more time to start preparing for her...

Also, today I realized that I hadn't taken a belly picture in a while, and since Ammon wasn't here I decided to take one myself. On my phone. Mostly cuz I had my phone with me, and I was too lazy to go find the camera.

So.. You can see me in all of my pregnant, camera phone, mirror pic glory!
photo (5)
(don't mind the pissed look on my face... every time I tried to take one smiling I just looked like a homicidal maniac. Definitely not the look I was going for...)

So as far as the belly goes... I sorta feel like I mostly just look like I've been eating too many cookies rather than being pregnant. So, I'm mostly just fat! haha!

Oh well... Just one more joy of pregnancy!

I'll try to get a better picture when Ammon gets home.. with the real camera... and preferably without a homicidal maniac look on my face (no promises on that one though).


4 comments:

  1. I look more pregnant than you do, but I'm just teacher fat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the belly pics! Enjoy the "i'm really not fat, I'm pregnant stage" while it lasts because soon you'll be unable to reach your toes and trying hard not to waddle. It comes at you fast. But it is nice to get more of a rounded belly so you don't have to feel like a fatty. I'm still in fatty stage over here...getting closer to rounded though. It happens a lot sooner the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being such an adorable pregnant student teacher! I am so excited for you and Ammon. Plus, you must have been a super-awesome teacher to merit a baby shower! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete