Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Very Merry Christmas

We had a Very Merry Christmas this year!  We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at Ammon's parents house along with the rest of Ammon's family.  It was a lot of fun to be together.

This year was especially fun for us because having a kid who sorta, kinda, maybe understood in the teeniest tiniest way what was going on made it all a million times better.  Ammon and I were both giddy with anticipation over Emerson opening all of her gifts.



We started out our Christmas celebration with a Cunningham tradition of going caroling around the town.  It was fun... and freezing!

We came home and had Chili for dinner (another Cunningham Christmas tradition), and then opened up our Christmas pajamas, which I'm pretty sure is a Cunningham tradition and an everyone else in the world tradition. ;)

Erin (Ammon's sister), and I got matching PJ's for our munchkins this year.  They were adorable.  Seriously, just so much cuteness.



I'm not entirely sure what Emerson is doing in this picture, but it's cracking me up.  Such a ham!



 After the babies were put to bed we read the Christmas Story, played some games, and just enjoyed each others company.  Then that night Emerson woke up like a million times, and Ammon and I ended up sleeping on the couches to get away from her be the first ones to know if Santa arrived.


He did.


I'm pretty sure they're going to be best friends.  As soon as they figure out how to share with each other.

Emerson was more interested in eating all of the yogurt covered raisins she could find than actually going through her stocking.




I bought Ammon Casablanca so he could see it before going to Casablanca.  

Santa was SUPER nice to Emerson this year and left her a Lip Smacker.  It was vanilla, and very very delicious.

In a rare turn of events, this little guy wanted to sit on his Uncle Ammon's lap... meaning that Emerson immediately had to sit on her dad's lap too.  Like I said, they'll be best friends once they figure out how to share.



 After breakfast we decided to see what else Santa left.  He definitely spoiled Emerson.  I think that she has enough toys to last her for a VERY long time.


Emerson sobbed and sobbed every time she opened a present and couldn't immediately get to the toy inside.   This is her screaming while I try to get out her toy.  Sometimes she can be soooo dramatic.  I am dreading the teenage years already.  Oye.




The sweet princess castle that Santa brought for her.  This thing is seriously darling.  

She also got this fun zoo (and a billion animals) from Santa.  It's been a huge hit and we play with it for hours and hours every day! 

Oddly enough, I don't think that we got any pictures of the gifts that Ammon gave to me this year.  We decided that we were only going to give each other stockings, so I got Ammon a sweater, a few DVD's, a bacon-scented air freshener, and a few other random things that I knew he'd like.  

Ammon took his job as stocking stuffer very seriously and filled my stocking with 8 lbs (yes, 8 POUNDS) of beef jerky and over 120 chapsticks.  I am now the proud owner of a ton of jerky, and enough Chapstick to last like 3 weeks. :) haha!  

And then Ammon totally blew my mind and surprised me with a trip to Iceland for February.  We'll probably freeze to death... but as long as we can stay warm it should be fun!! 


We really had a great Christmas!  We loved being with family and having a chance to enjoy this special time of year. 

I love Christmas!  And I'm already counting down to next year!



2 comments:

  1. First of all, ICELAND??!! How come you guys are cool enough to travel?
    Second, that tantrum pic is hilarious! too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emerson looks so cute in her Christmas PJs! And I love the tantrum picture. Hilarious. And 120 chapsticks??? Wow! Who knew they even made that many!

    ReplyDelete